TO MY VIEWERS...

Well, well, well... I'm typing this letter to you viewers to say thanks for logging on to this blogsite. But do you know where you should be? At my new website! No longer do I have to say, "Visit my blog" but "Visit my website!" The website is http://motownmusiccrib.com and it's written in bold red letters at the top of the page. It's really nice; a lot nicer than this blog.

I trust that you'll come to enjoy this. Also, I have chosen several media and entertainment websites that relate to this blog. It should be on the left side of your screen. Enjoy yourselves and remember... Jesus is LORD!

-Joshua Shephard
Editor & Founder

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit the OFFICIAL Motown Music Crib page. It's myspace.com/motownmusiccrib . This page is just the extension; When you visit the MySpace page, feel free to visit the blog!

9/1/07

A Celebration of Motown Music and Other Classics...

It's here! Wake up everybody, wipe the drool from your face and clean up because you're in the "crib" now. This is the official opening of Motown Music Crib. I'm indeed ecstatic about this because I've been praying and asking for direction on how I can blend Gospel and R&B music onto one site. It's kinda hard to do because it may be frowned upon that Gospel has to be in a class by itself and cannot be mixed with secular music. Well...I'm known (at least to myself) for breaking boundaries.
Who says that Gospel is confined? Nowadays, Gospel is made to sound more secular, beats and all. Why? The world is looking for that "comparison." They are looking for something to stick to them. Christians are looking to explore secular beats and lyrics while staying with the margins of praise and worship to God. That's what I bring forward to MMC.
For R&B lovers, you can find Gospel being just the same tunes and beats as what you regularly listen to. Gospel can be giving reverence to God, the Saviour and author of salvation. So mixing the two will get the best of both worlds, making the music industry just a bit smaller and more "intimate." After all, there's peace and smooth ambience in the house. In what house?? Hmmm... it's none other than Motown Music Crib. This post contains a collaboration of years of Detroit/ Motown music, both Gospel and R&B, as well as some newcomers outside of Detroit. Whether in Detroit or overseas, you're always welcome in the "crib."

The "What Went Down..." Ad

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com